Thursday, June 17, 2010

Things under glass




This was my first find! About 10 years ago, I was visiting my family in Liverpool,NY and I went to this primitive shop and saw this greenhouse made out of old windows! I fell in love...I had never seen anything like this before...I had to have it even though it was a little pricey! Now, I see them in shops, flea markets and I have also met a woman that can make them for half price!!! Who knew? (If interested in having one of your own, contact me at my email address:scusman52@yahoo.com and I will hook you up!) The wardien house (right pic)I found online from a garden shop in Minnesota. It too was pricey but it was sooo different! I
got it for half price though because it was pretty rusty and one of the side glass panels had a crack in it...I had to beg the owner to sell it to me, she was discontinuing wardien houses and this was her last one, she kept it outside so that is why it was in the shape it was, but I did not care! I just white washed it and now goes with my other primitive decor! What fun! I noticed one habit I do have, once I am in love with some piece, I can not just stop at one!

No comments:

Post a Comment