Saturday, July 10, 2010

primitive passion for old wooden horses




This horse was my first find in my hometown. When I saw the ad in the local paper for a toy horse, I couldn't believe it! I have been on the hunt for old wooden horses for over 5 years, I even have contacted sources in a Country magazine to see if they could help me but nothing ever developed. I remember this one gentleman told me once you find your first horse, you will begin to discover more and he was right! It took about 2 years but when I was visiting my boys in Raleigh, NC, I found my second horse at the Raleigh flea market! I know some may think I am crazy because both horses are not perfect but if you like primitives, the imperfections are what makes the piece! I am not one to like anything that is too ornate. My primitive pieces have pretty plain lines and can be beat up! That is what gives things character....I can go on and on but I think you get the idea!

No comments:

Post a Comment