Wednesday, July 21, 2010

More Makeovers....


I picked up this spice rack at a garage sale for $10.00, it was not painted but I could see the character in it and it was in good shape..no cracks or marks..I repainted it in a puddy color and added two new black knobs, now it sits ontop of my buffet and I am just waiting to fill it..any ideas? (At left)The candle holder was missing the middle glass piece, I put and old saucer in the middle and placed the ceramic green bird on top..I place in my small glass house and it makes a perfect display on my repainted table, I bought at a garage sale for only $20.00! I left the top as is and repainted the legs (they were a black speckled texture) with my favorite puddy color!







I picked up this small chest at the Raleigh flea market along with the little rocker. The rocker had a seat made of yarn but I liked it without it so I can either put a planter in it or just leave alone. I could not take the colors spray painted on the chest so I had to immediately sand, scrap, and resand to get it all off but it was worth it when I finished repainting.... check it out! (some old toys, that I also collect (on top) will fit nicely displayed in the drawers)...I just love when I can connect things together!

No comments:

Post a Comment